RIDE IN PEACE THROUGH ADVENTURE
Ride in Peace Adventures was set up by local man and mountain biker Christopher Roper to develop and encourage mountain biking in Aberdeenshire and the Cairngorms.
After experiencing the first World Cup at Fort William in 2002, Chris tried the track on a Royal Racing coaching day and has been hooked on mountain biking ever since. Chris has ridden, coached and guided across the world. He holds numerous coaching and guiding qualifications and continues to purse his ambition of becoming one of the best qualified guides in Europe. He’s venerable enough to hold the Scottish Cycling MBLA, to which he’s added the British Cycling level 2 coaching award. Combine that with an HND in Sports and Sports Coaching, a degree in Sports Science and an Österreichischer Radführer, his first international qualification. For the cherry on the top, he holds an French Carte Professional d’Educateur Sportif, allowing him to guide in France.
Chris loves riding anywhere with big mountains, especially in the Alps from Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and France! Throw in the foothills of the Indian Himalaya and riding and guiding in New Zealand and you have a hirsute rider who truly knows his way around.
That said, Chris is a relaxed and peaceful person who loves to share his experiences with anyone seeking to Ride in Peace through adventure, respect for nature and an understand of their surroundings.
- Scottish Cycling Mountain Bike Leader Award
- British Cycling Level 2 Mountain Bike Coaching Award
- GO MTB Level 5 Instructor
- Mountain Bike Instructor Award Scheme level 2
- Österreichischer Radführer
- Carte Professionnelle d’Educateur Sportif
First Aid and Child Protection
- BASP Emergency First Aid
- NSPCC Child Protection in Sport
- PVG registered
White Water Rafting
- Schiffsführerpatent Raft
- BCU Foundation Safety and Rescue
- HND Sports Coaching with Development of Sport
- BSC Honours Sport and Exercise Science
With 15 seasons and counting, here a list of some the places and companies Chris has worked for along the way.
- New Zealand, Christchurch Adventure Park – Mountain Bike Instructor
- France, BikeVillage – Mountain Bike Guide
- Scotland, Nevis Range Skischool – Ski Instructor
- India, Red Chilli Adventures – White Water Raft Guide
- Austria, Feel Free Outdoor Professionals – White Water Raft Guide
- Austria, Rote Teufel – Ski Instructor
- England, YMCA Lakeside – Summer Camp Instructor
- Scotland, Speyside Trust Badaguish Outdoor Centre – Voluntary work with the less able
- Scotland, Active Schools Aberdeenshire – Sports Coach (Football, Basketball, Swimming)